Well now, that's my kind of writer's prompt. I love food. I've never been able to deprive myself of something I really truly wanted. Moderation, sure, and exercise to balance these indulgences. Logical, no? So, since we're momentarily living in a world where calories don't count, let's make a list, shall we?
1) A huge heap of hot, crispy, homemade fries. With salt and Heinz ketchup. And a tall, ice-cold Pepsi.
2) I was going to say pasta in general, but that's not true. I point to the trifecta of deliciousness: fettuccine alfredo, homemade mac and cheese, and tortellini with marinara sauce. Any of the above with a healthy unhealthy portion of salty garlic bread.
3) A veggie burger. Not just any veggie burger either. The one piled high with sauteed mushrooms and grated cheddar on a delicious onion-y bun at Jack Astor's. It is the best.
4) Anything vegetarian and Mexican, especially burritos, with lots of fresh salsa and guacamole. An icy margarita on the side doesn't hurt, either.
5) Fresh-from-the-oven, homemade chocolate chip cookies with a huge mug of hot coffee with milk.
6) Homemade falafel with homemade tortillas. I don't make the latter often, but the former is so easy and delicious. Topped with tatziki, naturally.
7) A perfect sandwich. That means a lightly toasted ciabatta bun, or the like, with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion, avocado, lots of cheese (I don't play favourites with cheese) and sweet-with-heat mustard.
8) Garlic fingers. With lots of garlic and cheese. And unlimited donair sauce. This must also be accompanied with a carbonated beverage.
9) Turkey dinner sans turkey. I love a hot plate of all the fixins ... whipped potatoes, carrots, corn, green bean casserole, squash casserole, stuffing and gravy.
10) Homemade baked beans, with a generous side of hash-brown bake, and hot brown bread toast with butter.
Hungry now? You're welcome.
Thanks, as always, to Mama Kat for the Writer's Prompt.