Sunday, June 19, 2011

the first of many

Dear Husband,

Since the moment we knew we were expecting, you have been an amazing dad. In the days we waited for Jacob to arrive, when we spent late nights reading pages of baby books aloud to each other and when you started learning lullabies on your guitar, I knew that this is a job you are meant to have.


Once he was finally in our arms, everything changed. Our love for him is indescribable, and the love I have for you is forever changed in the very best way.


I love standing just outside Jacob's bedroom door, listening to you two talk, laugh and play. It is the sweetest sound.


You're already teaching him so much — to catch and throw, to say new words, to love and be loved.


Thank you for being the best Dada for Jacob and the most wonderful husband for me.


Always remember there is nothing worth sharing
like the love that lets us share our name.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey, I have tears in my eyes after reading this post, and looking at the beautiful pics that accompany your beautiful words. As a fellow Mommy I know exactly how you feel... And as your hubby's sister it is heartwarming to read these words expressed to my brother- whom I am very proud of. Love You All XO

    ReplyDelete