Monday, April 18, 2011

vegan for a week: day 4

Today was a successful vegan day. I'm trying to think about how many portions of fruits, veggies, protein and other essentials that I'm getting in each meal. I recently re-watched the episode of Oprah where 378 of her staff members went vegan for a week. One of the guests was "The Veganist" Kathy Freston who pointed out how easy it is to be a junk food vegan. I'm trying hard to avoid simple sugars and refined ingredients in order to give myself a true picture of how I would feel if I adapted this diet full time.

Breakfast (7:30 a.m.): Dempster's Thin Bagel (I won a free bag of these bagels in a giveaway from Suzie the Foodie!) with peanut butter, a sliced apple and a cup of decaf with soy milk.

Early lunch (11 a.m.): Two leftover vegan blueberry pancakes.

Late lunch (2:15 p.m.): Small portion of leftover pasta with tomato-veggie sauce.

Supper (6:30 p.m.): Barbecued veggie burger on a whole wheat bun and quinoa.

Snack (8:30 p.m.): Multi-grain tortilla chips with super spicy fresh salsa.

If you're following along with my vegan challenge, what do you think? Do you have any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment