Monday, March 28, 2011

weekend round-up

  • Husband and I watch Grown Ups this weekend. A pretty foolish movie, but it had its funny moments. This is more notable because I think it's the first movie we've watched alone together, in its entirety, since before the baby was born. Yay us!
  • I tried fish and chips this weekend! Yes, that might be the most un-Maritimer thing I've ever said, but it's true. Until yesterday, I had never had this pub fare. I'd never tasted haddock at all. And you know what? I really liked it! In fairness, the batter really does mask any fish-like evidence, but still great to have something different I can order on a menu when I'm out at a restaurant! This is the first step to introducing more any seafood into our household.
  • Jacob tried his first cookie this weekend! OK, not a real cookie, a Baby Mum Mum, but still a treat for him nonetheless. And a treat for the Muma because it keeps him entertained in his high chair for 10 or 15 minutes while she makes her own snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment