Wednesday, July 7, 2010

31 weeks


We're down to single digits! Only 9 weeks to go until Baby B is ready to make his debut!

How far along?
31 weeks.

How big is baby? About 17 inches long and nearly 3.5 pounds. According to What to Expect When You're Expecting our boy is busy making faces, hiccupping, swallowing, breathing, pedaling with little hands and feet and even sucking his thumb.

Total weight gain: 19 pounds. I can admit that now. For a week following my last doctor's visit, I wasn't admitting that number to myself or to Husband. I've embraced it, and even celebrated it with a chocolate chip cookie.

Maternity Clothes? I stumbled upon an amazing maternity store a couple hours away from our house and was thrilled to find two daytime nursing bras, a comfy, sleeping nursing bra, and a great, adjustable nursing tank top all for 20% off. I'd looked at a few other stores, but was having trouble finding styles that were comfortable. I got these items, two packages of washable organic cotton nursing pads in pretty prints, and a GumDrop newborn pacifier all for under $100!

Stretch marks? Still none! I keep forgetting to moisturize as much as I should though.

Sleep: The biggest annoyance is still getting up in the night to pee on a regular basis. I'm pretty comfortable for the most part though and am doing my best to remember to sleep on my left side to provide the babe with maximum blood flow. To help me stay on that side, I spoon Husband, and he likes it too because Baby B kicks him in the back.

Movement: All-the-time, non-stop, makes-me-think-he's-trying-to-escape rolling, twisting, punching and jumping. I love it.

Food cravings: I keep craving pop. I don't know if it's because it's hot out and I just want a cold drink, or what. But then, when I actually have a drink, I'm totally grossed out by the syrupy-ness of it. Figure it out, hormones.

What I miss: Eating or drinking anything without heartburn. And getting up off the couch without grunting.

What I am looking forward to: Finally ironing out the details of the nursery decor. We have our crib, complete with mattress and sheets, so that's one check mark on the list. We're still waiting for items to come in from Babies R Us, including wall decals and a valance. And I still can't seem to find a slipcover for the hand-me-down pink nursery chair.

Milestones: Since I'm in the home stretch, I've started to see the doctor every two weeks instead of every month. It's exciting to hear Baby B's heartbeat twice each month and get a status update on his growth. He's definitely getting crowded in there!

Oh, and THIS:
Nose bleeds pretty much every day lately. I never had one before I was pregnant, and now they just seem normal to me. I have abnormally small sinuses and all of the pregnancy swelling, excess blood flow and congestion is doing a number on me. Luckily, the doctor assures me that it's nothing out of the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment