Tuesday, February 23, 2010

try it tuesday


I'll try not to get too graphic with this post.

Anyone who suffers from allergies/chronic sinus issues like I do, understands the appeal of new ways to curb the pain and pressure.

This week, out of pure desperation, I invested in a Neti Pot. The people who are to blame for my chronic sinus issues My parents have sworn by nasal rinses for years, but I was always skeptical. If you're not familiar with this concept, you fill the pot with water and a salt and baking soda mixture, hold the spout up to one nostril, tip your face toward the sink, lean to one side and let the solution run through your sinus cavity and out the other nostril. Can you picture it? I thought I'd spare you the real image, but if you're really curious, you can go here and watch a completely hilarious totally informative instructional video.

The thing is, it actually works. The first time I did it, I was amazed with how it really flushed all the grossness and enabled me to simply breathe easier. It wasn't a total cure. After a few day of using it, I was still fairly stuffed and on the third attempt, I tipped my head and I nearly drowned nothing came out the other side. But I gave it a couple more days and I am willing to say that it was the shortest dose of sinusitis I've ever had.

It's not crafty or particularly fun, but it totally works. Try it!

2 comments:

  1. I think I just threw up inside my Neti Pot -- haha, j/k! I might try this, actually. Does it hurt? I hate getting water up my nose ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely gives you that water-up-the-nose sensation, but it's not at all painful. I highly recommend it! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete