Friday, January 29, 2010

there's always a better way


Remember when, on a Try it Tuesday, I substituted eggs for ground flax and water in a recipe?

I wanted to do that again recently in a batch of banana muffins, but I couldn't remember the ratio of flax to water, so I Googled it. Oddly enough, the first few hits indicated a different method than what I had used before. The amounts are the same (1 tbsp. flax to 3 tbsp. water) but every link I clicked said to simmer the two ingredients together, rather than chill in the fridge like last time.


And it worked better! I took the lazy route and stuck the mixture in the microwave on high for 30 seconds and the result was a much more egg-whitey texture than before.

Try it!


1 comment:

  1. Is that the infamous Magic Bullet I see in the background?

    ReplyDelete