Saturday, January 9, 2010

easy update


I've really detested our living room throw-pillow covers for a while. The biggest problem is that they are ivory and the pillows inside are the same chocolate brown colour as the couch, so I find the darker colour shows through the lighter colour and they just look dingy.

Before:


See what I mean? I've kept my eye out for inexpensive covers or alternative fabric for months, but haven't found anything that suits. That is, until I emptied out my sewing back the other day and discovered our old bedroom curtains. I bought the curtains for next to nothing, but when I replaced them with the ones I made, it seemed a waste to throw them out. So the stayed in the bottom of my fabric pile until a snowy day last week.

After:


They're kind of hard to photograph because, with the flash, they look shinier than they are in reality. They're a smooth gold fabric that actually match the love seat throw perfectly. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. That really does make a big difference, and ties those colours together nicely. Don't you just love it when you can make an easy update like that?
    And kudos for recycling the fabric from your old curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good! Definitely a nice way to use up some old fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the contrast against the chocolate brown couch.

    ReplyDelete