Tuesday, December 8, 2009

try it tuesday


For my birthday this year, lovely friend A gave me this:


It's basically an entire book full of Try It Tuesdays!

So after a quick flip, I picked this neat idea: Clean tarnished silver with banana peel. Lucky for me, Husband had just made a special trip to the grocery for bananas (we were both having a major smoothie craving).

The tarnished items are the goblets we drank from at our wedding. They were passed down from close friends of my family, and I would like to put them on display.


Here goes nothing ...


After much rubbing on my part, lovely friend A gave it a try, and we had no luck.

The tip says, for tougher tarnishes, to puree the peels in a blender and then use the resulting paste to buff the silver.


My question to the Readers' Digest people is, have you ever actually tried to blend a banana peel? With no liquid involved? Easier said than done, my friends. I even sacrificed one of my favourite bamboo spoons in an attempt to force the peel into the blade.

The book has lots of amazing tips and tricks that I can't wait to try. This Try It Tuesday, however = total fail.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad it didn't work. Banana peels don't seem very powerful, so I'd be surprised if it worked for anyone. Interested to hear how more of those fixes turn out though -- I bet the book has some good ones.

    ReplyDelete