Monday, December 21, 2009

diy wreath = fail


I recently discovered the perfect alternative use for my Christmas balls on Thrifty Decor Chick. She tried it herself, and it turned out so pretty that I couldn't help but feel inspired.


Isn't it lovely? And it's a surprisingly straight-forward idea. You take wire, form it into a circle, and tread the ornaments on. TDC actually called this the hardest easiest diy wreath project, because she used a wire hanger that was ridiculously difficult to ply.


Because of her trials, I decided to use some thinner wire for my own adaptation.


It all seemed like a perfect idea, until I started to thread my ornaments.


With about 15 ornaments, all about 2 to 3 inches in size, I didn't even come close to creating a whole wreath. What I ended with was a clump of random sized ornaments on a wire. Not pretty. My inspiration is not lost though — after Christmas I'm going to be all over the Boxing Day sales and plan to pick up a huge package of the largest ball ornaments I can find.

This project may have won this round ...

To be continued.

1 comment:

  1. no no! keep going!I thought mine was a wreck too! I ended up using 20 more balls than everyone said too! http://ashleesecrets.blogspot.com/2009/12/yummy-christmas-cards-wreaths-key-fobs.html look, mine turned out! Just keep going :)

    ReplyDelete