Tuesday, March 24, 2009

ah, how the tables have turned


You know when you're a kid and you absolutely hate it when you're parents drag you into stores like Kent, Canadian Tire and Home Depot? I remember these dreadfully boring days all too well, mum and dad. That's right. You. 


But it's confession time. I am finally ready to admit that I have crossed over to the other side. I love these stores. We don't even have a house, yet I have an amazing ability to wander in the hardwood floor and marble countertop sections. 

Husband and I went to Home Depot this weekend and I practically skipped down the aisles. We spent our time in the paint department this weekend, choosing the perfect colour for our bedroom furniture. 

Me: (staring at the employees with paint-smudged aprons) Man, I'd love to work here.
Husband: (with one curiously raised eyebrow) Why?
Me: Imagine the colour possibilities!
Husband: But you'd be mixing colours for other people; you wouldn't be taking them home with you.

He just had to burst my bubble, didn't he?

1 comment:

  1. Haha I feel EXACTLY the same way! I used to despise those stores, and now they are soooo much fun -- especially the paint section. I love playing around with the paint swatches.

    ReplyDelete