Wednesday, February 18, 2009

i heart lists


Yes, I've said it. I love lists. To-do lists. Grocery lists. Wish lists. You name it, I love it. At any given point, I probably have at least three lists floating around the bottom of my purse of things I want to remember/do. My desk at work is covered in post-its and notebooks filled with ideas, thoughts and reminders. I should add "buy more cute post-its" to a list.


Anyway, husband and I recently made a list to share. It's our 2009 Amazing To-Dos. We've decided to make a list each year of the things we'd like to do together. Some of the tasks are big, some are small. Some require spending money, and others are completely free and more about spending time together.

Here's what we have planned. As we accomplish each item, we'll blog about the fun we had.

In no particular order:

1. Make our own sushi: Husband is a bit of a picky eater, so I was so thrilled when he was willing to try sushi last year, and he loved it! I must also mention that I am a vegetarian and neither of us are seafood lovers, so we only eat veggie sushi. Going out for sushi or buying it in the store is a bit of a treat for us, so we're going to attempt to diy.

2. Read the same book: We both love to read and have read some of the same books in the past, but this time we're going to read the same one at the same time so we can chat about it. It'll be like our own mini book club!

3. Golf together at least four times: Husband loves golf. LOVES it. I strongly like golf. I haven't said the L word to golf yet. But we are definitely in like. I even got my own set of clubs last year. But I'm not very good, so the fact that it was husband's idea to add this item to our to-do list means he's willing to suffer through some very long rounds of golf in order to help me learn.

4. Go camping at least twice: We love camping; it's just hard to find the time. Even if it's close to home, we're going to get out with the tent at least two times, hopefully more.

5. Get a Wii: Husband and I like to play anything together — rummy, Boggle, Scrabble, Monopoly — so we think we should own a Wii to expand our repertoire.

6. Paint another room: As you might recall from a previous post, we recently painted our bathroom, and now we've agreed that we should also paint our bedroom. There will be plenty more posts on this topic, I'm sure.

7. Sleep in all day: We don't sleep in. Ever. The latest we've slept in since we've been married is 9 a.m. It's not that we necessarily want to sleep all day, but we want to have a completely free day when we can spend the whole day in bed, watching movies, reading good books and trying not to drop crumbs while we also snack there. Husband doesn't think I have the ability to do nothing for a whole day. Sounds like a challenge to me.

8. Pull an all nighter: Maybe this should've been on the list before #7; it would make it easier to want to stay in bed all day. We used to stay up all night when we were first dating, talking for hours and hours about anything and not get bored, but we haven't done that in years. Not sure what we'll do all night this time. Maybe we'll wait to do this one until after we buy the Wii.

9. Go on a hike: Our fair province is filled with beautiful, scenic trails. We plan to explore at least one this summer.

10. Try kayaking: We wanted to try sea kayaking during our honeymoon in Cape Breton, but it was too cold while we were there. We're going to give it a try this summer.

11. Spend a day on the Common: We've never utilized the Common to its full potential. We're going to take all of our sports equipment and a picnic lunch and spend an afternoon.

12. Go back to Ingonish for our anniversary: Our honeymoon was amazing. There is so much more to see and do around the Cabot Trail that we plan to do it again a year later.


No comments:

Post a Comment