Monday, February 16, 2009

can I be trusted?


I like the idea of wall sconces, but since we live in an apartment, I'm not about to attempt any hard wiring. I saw a couple of candle sconces at Pier 1 over the weekend, like this:


I love the atmosphere candles provide. People often comment on this because I always have some lit when we have company. It's a great way to give a small apartment a more homey feel. I usually have one lit on the centre of the coffee table even when it's just me and husband at home. Warm candle light doesn't have to be a romantic thing, it can just be warm, comforting and inviting.

So, because I love candles, I really like the idea of mounting candles on the wall for ambience. The part I'm unsure about is my ability to not burn the building down.

1 comment:

  1. Eep! No! Use the electric tealights -- they even have flickering ones that look pretty real.

    ReplyDelete